Monday, July 7, 2008

My Trip Home

I have to say the drive home was great. I enjoyed it and had wonderful company. We made it home in good time and I got to see parts of the country that I have not seen since I was like 11. I am glad I did it. But since I have been home, I have taken loads of pictures but I have no cord to upload them with. But I will do it soon as I get back. I am going to give you a play by play so far.

Sunday June 29th 2:00 We got in the car and headed for Denver, Colorado. By the time we decided to stop, which as 1:00 in the morning, we almost had no where to stay. Luckily there was one room left and we slept until 6:00 in the morning.

Monday June 30th 6:00 am We got back in the car and made it all the way through Nebraska and Iowa. We got to see some flooding in Iowa and cows and CORN FIELDS. It was a good trip through. Traffic was ligth, except for the dead deer in the road that Wendy so graciously swerved and missed. We eventually made it to Pewaukee, where Wendy's son lives at 11:00pm Wisconsin time. I stayed the night on the couch, but because I was anxious to get home, only 4 hours away, I left early before anyone was awake.

Tuesday July 1st 6:00 am Driving home by myself. I made a stop for my father as I got closer to home at a sports store since he is a Scout master and has boyscout camp this week, he needed some gear. Then at 11ish I stopped in at my favorite place to eat Beef A Roo. I was so happy to be there and see my friends. Then I got to see my baby cousin LeRoy. He is sooooooo cute. I can't wait to show pictures.

The rest has been visiting with friends and taking care of the baby. He is so good. Well I will have some pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so glad to hear you made it safely! I hope you're having a wonderful time at home. Can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures! I miss the "green" terribly!

Steph said...

Can't wait to see the pics! Can you believe school is going to start in a matter of days? Where has the summer gone?