Sunday, July 27, 2008

This Week's Top Five

5. Making it Home in ONE PIECE!
As everyone knows I have been traveling and enjoying my summer. I enjoyed my time at home, but I could not wait to get back here. You can only stay on vacation so long before you either want to stay permenantly or not. My mom sure would have loved me to stay forever along with a few other people. There were times I wanted to stay too, but I had to come back to reality. But the travel home was good. I got to see an old friend of mine in Omaha and almost got in an accident. This semi truck just decided to cut me off and even though I was on the phone with my dad, I was able to stop and get off the phone. I think he realized what he did because he got away from me real fast. But I made it here in one piece and without problems.!!!!

4. Going to VEGAS!
Not that Vegas is a good place, but I need one last retreat before starting back to school. Jeri and I went to a Girl's Night Out that Cheryl told us about. We went and there were loads and loads of people. We just hung there for a bit looked around, talked to Cheryl, had a drink, and headed to a place to eat. We ate and man they had the best deserts ever. Like I need that, but it is summer so I can splurge a bit. Then we went and hung out at the hotel. It was nice to do something fun with her and not have any kids or husbands around.

3. Going back to school!
I know I am nuts, but I have been wanting to go back to school to get things organized. I currently have 20 desks in my room, because I only had 18 kids last year. However, this year I will have 26 kids for my homeroom, so I am trying to find a design to include all desks and that has been interesting so far. Pluse I got to work on the new lesson plan template for those of us who have to teach the SEI classes.

2. Going to the Blessing
The teacher I worked with last year teaching second grade had her baby blessed today. I have never seen how the do things in the LDS churches, so I decided I would go and plus I have not seen her in forever. It was nice going to see her, the baby, and seeing how things happen in other faiths. After that my friend Sarah and I went to Olive Garden to eat where I saw an old friend of mine. He works there and when I was out to visit my grandparents in St. George when I was in middle school, I met him. I also wrote him when I left and I wanted to marry him. He is cute and so nice. He really loves my grandpa and misses my grandma about as much as I do. So it was all a good day today.

1. Reconnecting with an old friend
Getting to see my old friend in Omaha was a big highlight for me. I have not seen her in like 5 years and it was so nice to see her. Her name is Jennifer and she made me very jealous of her. She is so cute now and skinny. I miss her and I wish we could live in the same state at least. We were real close before and I am hoping it will happen again.

While there is my week. Other things have happened too that are really not to be included in my top 5. I broke up with Dan this week. It was a hard decision since he is a good guy, but I am just stuck right now. I have my personal issues to deal with about it and I hope that no one out there will get mad at me. (Carolyn, is the one I am worried about.) Well I hope all is going well for everyone and I am doing better slowly. Well see all my teacher friends soon!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Glad you're back. I can't beleive you WANT to go in and get things started for next year. I am having a MAJOR hard time getting excited. Anyway, it was fun to see you today.