Saturday, August 23, 2008

One Week From Today

I know I said I was going to go back to the top 5, but I kind of like this one week from today. It gives me so goals for the week.

One Week From Today............

I will be sitting and enjoying my three day weekend.

My classroom will be already for school.

I will be reflecting on my past week and looking at what I need to change.

Hopefully I will be going on a quick vacation.

I will be a year older and hopefully maturer.

This past week has been really hard on me. I am starting to realize what certain teachers went through last year with this group of students. But as my principal said to me yesterday, "If anyone can do it, you can." He also told me, "If at the end of the year you can look them in the eye and tell them you have given them everything you could, then you have done your job and there is nothing else you can do." His words may have been a bit different, but that is what I remember. Let's just say I broke down at our professional development yesterday. I guess I just have trouble excepting the different things that I am not responsible for. It is hard but I guess I can do my best. My principal is a good guy and has been helping me. I know yesterday I kind of attacked him in away, and I am sorry for that Mr. Peterson, but he helped me make things clear in my head. I also have Carolyn who helped make it clearer in my head. If I did not have these people I think I would be lost. Thank you!

3 comments:

Erika said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better about things. You'll get through it, it won't be easy... nothing worthwhile is. You know we love you... and if someone isn't crying than it isn't professional development right? We'll all take our turns, I started the year off that way.

carolyn said...

And I will continue to be there for you. I believe in you and the power of good teachers! These kids will grow up and do better just because they had teachers from Beaver Dam that sincerely care about them and are willing to do their level best to help them. You're great!!!

Steph said...

AMEN! This year is going to either kill me or or kill me, but at least I can say I fought a good fight right?!!??!!?! Today Fawn told me I need to kick and scream and put up a good fight for a FULL time aide! She says she has never seen such low language ability EVER and they are ALLLLLL in my class! Yikes! Also, she wants me and you and Rex to sit down and plan her times to be in each of our rooms. Let's get on that so she can start up next week when she is done testing:)