Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Frustrating Morning

So how long do you think it should take to make 26 copies? Well I found out this morning it can take almost your whole 45 minutes for math to make the copies. See normally I am well prepared and I was until I realized that I need workmats and did not have enough. So I went to make the copy of the mat. I walked down there to find a message on the copier telling me to add 11x17 paper. I cleared that and started to delete the jobs that were stored. As I started deleting the job, the numbers did not get smaller. So I had deleted 5 jobs, when I ran back to my room to let my aide know what was up. In walks one of the teachers into the work room to say she could not get to work this morning. In a snotty tone, I let her know that you need to read the screen and see what it is asking for. Then you need to clear it or fix the problem and then copy your work. After that I deleted another 8 of her jobs. So I deleted a total of 13 jobs!!! 13 jobs, what made her think that if the first one didn't work that the second would or the third or so on. I was just really frustrated and it made me want to scream. So I am so so so tired of people who can not figure out how to use the machine or at least read the screen. Just had to get it out there.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Amen! I know you were there when I had my fun copier experience. You know, I just LOVE some of our coworkers ability to use the copy machine... Actually, there are some that are just so DUMB!(all of the time) How have we let them survive this long? I knew I should have chose "Do not kill any coworkers" for my TIO!

Lindsay said...

Sorry about your day. I sure hope Erika gets the "copier etiquette" posted soon. Maybe that would solve everyone a lot of headache.

Steph said...

Seriously. Amen.