Sunday, May 25, 2008

Last Week of School Top 5


5. Last day of doing work!!!! I made Monday our last day of doing work. These kids worked so hard all day and did the same the week before, that I decided we would work, but not as hard. We took it easy and enjoyed writing thngs about second grade and even reading stories. We also did some fun things in Math such as multiplication. These kids were so ready for summer time that I had to give in.



















4. Watching a Play! On Monday we were lucky to have the other second grade class come in and do a play for us. I was so happy to see them perform and hear how much they have grown. Some of the students that were performing in the play have been a part of my class for reading and they have had difficulties sharing in front of everyone, but not now. They did wonderfully. Plus it helped me because I had a student that left on Tuesday and I needed to get so much done for this child that I needed every minute Monday could give me. Thank goodness for plays and children who behave so well.

3. WATER DAY!!!!!!! I have to say I was looking forward to this day for awhile. It had been super hot and every day I wanted to squirt these kids down to cool them off. So finally Tuesday came and we got to have our water party. It actually was a lot of fun. I came to school on Tuesday in my sweat capris and a t-shirt so if I got wet I would not ruin anything, but I ended up going home to get my swimsuit at lunch time. It is a good thing I live closer to the school now. Miss O'Brien wore her suit and wanted me to wear mine too, so I did. The kids got quite the kick out of it. I enjoyed watching them have fun and even the one child who got sunscreen in her mouth and then in her eyes. As she said to me," Miss Stauber, can you see the sunscreen in my eyes? That is why there are tears." She is quite the child. I went on the slip and slide with kids. We raced each time and of course they all won. I went down the water slide, even though I am to big, but hey I am still a kid at heart. We had fun and man if you could have seen how dirty that water was. I also had a child who thought it was so cold out that he had to wrap him self up each time he finished going down. I have to say it was a fun, fun day!

















2. Spending the whole year with these wonderful children! This has been a very wonderful, fun filled year. There has been so many changes and so many things have happened. But I think that God had it all planned out for me this way. Many thing have happened this year, but these kids have been there for me all year. They have kept the smile on my face and made me realize that I can do this and will do it. I know that each one of them at least had me in their life for 6 hours of the day and that is what they needed. Some of these kids make like children to me and I am going to miss them so much.




1.Saying Goodbye!:( This picture just says it al. Even thought I am smiling inside I am crying. These two girls will be missed greatly. So for a new year that will be happening in August. I am sad to see these children go. I don't know what my little one with the curious face is doing or thinking about.

1 comment:

Steph said...

She's probably just as sad about moving on to third grade as you are to have her go! You've been a great teacher. Major props to you for goin' down the slide and enduring the dirty water! You are the woman!