Saturday, May 17, 2008

This Week's Top 5

Well this week has had some interesting highlights to it. All in all it was a good week, but for the Top 5.
5. Finally selling my jeep. When I first moved out here in July of 2007, I bought a jeep so I had a way of getting around plus I always wanted one. Well since gas is going up and my wage is not, I decided to purchase something newer and better on gas. So a few weeks ago I bought a Kia Spectra5 and put the jeep up for sale Everyone wanted it and soon it found a home to a cute couple here.

4. Going to the movies. The weeks started off rough and I knew it was going to be a long one. So on Monday I stopped to see a friend of mine at State Farm and to give him something for my insurance. I mentioned if he had seen What Happens in Vegas. He said no and we talked some more and made plans to see it on Wednesday and then I could meet some of his friends too. Well just the two of us went and I didn't get to meet any of his friends, but it was nice and a good movie too. I like being in his company because he always listens and makes me laugh a lot.

3. Helping Steph out. I love being able to help my friends whenever they need it. This past week was the last week for kindergarten and since I started out teaching kindergarten, I wanted to help them as much as possible. On Friday morning I just could not sleep so when I headed to school, I stopped in to help my friend Steph out with kindergarten graduation. I just love being able to help her and being in her company. She makes me laugh and just gives me some great ideas for my students.

2. Challenging my students. On every friday we have professional developments and this friday was no different, except for the principal announcing in front of all the teachers how the superindent was happy I was still challenging his daughter. She is in my class and they are so ready for summer break, but I have still been sending home homework and actually having them write in class. We are trying to do as much as work as I can get out of them. It is hard but I am doing my best. I guess it was nice to finally be acknowledged for my work and effort.

1. You are our number one star. Last week was teacher appreciation week, so this past week we did principal appreciation week. One of the teachers came up with the idea of having every student fill out a star telling our principal how much we appreciate him and then we took them all and put them up in his office Wednesday night after he left. He was so surprised on Thursday morning and I guess he loved it a lot. He is a great guy and has helped me out so much this year. I don't know if I could have worked with anyone else if it was not for him.

Well one more week to go and then vacation for me!!!!!!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Great Fives! You had a good week and thanks, in psrt, to your help, I did too! Thanks again!